It is definitely time for spring break!
The funny thing about working at the district office is...you don't really get these breaks. A lot of people take days off, but it's not like being a teacher where your week is defined for you. It's a bit of an adjustment!
It's been a month of very hard work, and I feel so good about what we have accomplished! But I feel my brain getting fuzzy. I'm just not as sharp after weeks of thinking, planning, and doing. It's a bit hard to describe - I just know that I need to ease up a little bit to be able to come back fresh to continue to tackle the challenges & opportunities that exist.
To that end, I'm taking Monday & Tuesday off. My plans include:
- Going to see my old high school (and several other schools) compete in the regional robotics competition (& meeting my family & some friends there)
- Going to see a symphony concert where they play the movie score to Star Wars (The Empire Strikes Back) while the movie plays on the big screen
- Reading a book. Not a professional book, not one for my #GoogleEI project, but something just for fun. Which book? TBD.
- Spending a couple of days with my family - my brother is a teacher and my sister is home from college, so we will all be together!
- Getting my taxes done. Yep, it needs to happen.
Really, more than anything, this is a #selfcare and accountability post. It's hard for me to take time off, especially when I feel like there is a lot that needs to be done, but it is so needed!